10 Tips for Becoming a Better Writer
1. Never write while operating a motor vehicle or heavy machinery.
2. The delete key is your best friend, get to know him.
3. There is no need to light a candle, it’s just a story.
4. It’s okay if your mom or spouse edits your work, just don’t tell everyone.
5. It’s not immoral to kill off characters with the likeness and name of friends, family and co-workers, tell them it was somebody else.
6. If you are unable to hold your breath long enough to finish reading the paragraph, it was probably too long to begin with.
7. If you had to look the word up in a dictionary, the chances are, so will I.
8. Naming characters can be fun, but if you wouldn’t name your own child that, don’t even go there.
9. If you find yourself stuck in the story, have your main character kill everyone, just for fun.
10. Finally, it’s your story, write it the way you want to write it and don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.
An otherworldly force opens a gate in a remote mountain range in Colorado and unleashes an alien organism into the forest. Once the gate opens, a shield is placed over the entire area blocking all communications in or out of the zone. It then releases a time pulse every 30 minutes locking everything inside the shield into a checkpoint. If anything destroys the gate, everything within the shield is reset back to the previous checkpoint before the gate was destroyed.
The organism is highly infectious and anything it touches mutates and joins the invading force. They become soldiers with a darker will and help spread the infection even further. Survivors caught within the shield try to escape and stop the organism from leaving, but something keeps destroying the gate, resetting time, and changing their fates.
INVASION is the first volume in the Darkness & Daemons series, event 1-10.
Genre – SciFi Horror
Rating – PG-13
More details about the author