Aicha Zoubair

Jessica Bell

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Review: Jack Templar, Monster Hunter (The Templar Chronicles, #1)

Jack Templar, Monster Hunter (The Templar Chronicles, #1)Jack Templar, Monster Hunter by Jeff Gunhus
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

How did the main character change during the novel? He grew up in more ways than one. He went from innocent, questioning child to bearing responsibilities that adults would have difficulties carrying out.

What was the book's central question, and how was it answered? Some book club members were discussing the central question as Jack's past (sort of the whole Harry Potter and his scar discussion) but I think the central question of this book is Jack's future. Will he succeed as a monster hunter?

Did you learn something new from the book? I read more than genre and I enjoy it. One thing I do know is that children's books are not that easy to write and this author has done a wonderful job at it. So the one thing I did learn, self-published children's books aren't all that bad.


Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment