10 Things You Didn’t Know About Becoming a Published Author
by: Dermot Davis
1. I didn’t know how easy it was to become a published author.
2. I didn’t know that apart from family and friends no one would care about my published book.
3. I didn’t know it would be so difficult to sell my extraordinary masterpieces as a published author. I have to promote, advertise and market them, what now?
4. I didn’t know that you had to become a publisher – as well as a writer – to become a published author.
5. I didn’t know that there were so many published authors that were competing for fewer readers. A million other books published every year? Seriously?
6. I didn’t know that you had to become a marketing guru to become successful as a published author.
7. I didn’t know how vital social networking was in becoming a published author that sold books.
8. I didn’t know that I needed to take a crash course in book cover design and another course in writing dynamic product descriptions and other such promotional copy that grabbed the reader and enticed them to buy my book!
9. I didn’t know that approximately 80% of self-published books will only sell about 50 copies in their life-time.
10. I didn’t know how absolutely wonderful and invigorating and exciting the whole world of self-publishing can be!!!!
Martin is a content twenty-four year old single guy whose peace is disturbed when he receives a wedding invitation from his ex-girlfriend with whom he still pines for.
Does he go?
He considers that if he doesn’t go to the wedding, he will be perceived as a sadsack loser.
If he goes alone he’ll be perceived as an even worse loser.
However, if he attends the wedding with a drop-dead gorgeous bombshell who looks like she’s crazy about him, then it’s his ex-girlfriend that’s going to look like the loser.
Problem is he’s not dating a drop-dead gorgeous bombshell.
He’s got three weeks.
After many disastrous online initiated dates, he finally does get to meet a gorgeous bombshell who agrees to attend the wedding with him.
Problem is, not only is she fourteen years his senior, but she’s all about putting Zen into relationship, which involves every guy’s worst nightmare: talking about your feelings, being conscious of your thoughts and above all, unabashed, honest communication at all times.
Martin has no idea what he is getting himself into and the sharp learning curve that’s required of him when all he wants is sex and she wants Zen.
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre - Romance
Rating – PG13
More details about the author